Houston’s Tours 2021
- Posted on : 18th March 2020
Thank you for your patience over the past few months. We are now in the exciting position of starting to organise some tours.
We start with one of our favourites! We are off to Blackpool on Sunday 17 and Wednesday 20 October 2021.
For more information visit https://www.houstonscoaches.co.uk/tours/
Houston’s Coaches – Coronavirus Statement
- Posted on : 17th March 2020
Houston’s Coaches – Coronavirus Statement
At Houston’s Coaches we take the Health and Safety of all our customers and employees seriously. We continue to follow advice from the Government and Health Protection Scotland as we all adapt to this fast-moving situation.
Government advice remains that people can continue to use public transport.
We have extensive cleaning procedures in place at Houston’s to ensure that our coaches, buses and workplaces are safe for both our customers and employees.
Additional cleaning of regular touch points on our vehicles is being undertaken and hand sanitiser, tissues, gloves etc. are available to our staff. We ask that all passengers continue to exercise the Government advice in relation to hand hygiene.
The latest advice from Health Protection Scotland can be accessed here
We will continue to post updates on our Facebook page and website.
16 March 2020 14:30pm
Houston’s Hopper Tickets
- Posted on : 11th December 2017
Houstons are now selling Houston’s Hopper Tickets. These tickets allow you unlimited journeys for one week from the date of purchase.
The Dumfries Town Hopper covers Locharbriggs, Georgetown, Lochside, Lincluden, Troqueer and The New Hospital.
The Dumfries and Galloway Bus Hopper covers all of Houston’s Coaches services which operate throughout Dumfries and Galloway ( 103, 104, 110, 111, 124, 115, 117, 202, 236, 372, 372a, 381, 383, 385, 431, 503, 505, 512, 520 and the 521)
The Dumfries Town Hopper is £11, and the Dumfries and Galloway Hopper is £21.
Houston’s Buses – Conduct of Passengers
- Posted on : 27th November 2017
We reserve the right to refuse you entry, or require you to leave our buses at any time, should we have reason to believe that your behaviour jeopardises the safety, security and comfort of others.
When travelling with us you must in particular:
- Refrain from smoking either conventional or electronic cigarettes.
- Behave in a manner that is not abusive or threatening and does not cause offence to other customers or staff.
- Refrain from eating and drinking items which make the environment unpleasant for other customers or otherwise cause offence.
- Refrain from using aerosols.
- Refrain from consuming alcohol.
- Refrain from playing loud music or operating a personal device at a volume which may be heard by other passengers.
- Refrain from leaving rubbish or discarded items on the bus.
- Not be wearing soiled working clothes or carrying any soiled items.
- Follow the instructions of our staff and act in a manner which shows due regard for the safety and comfort of other customers and company employees, including not standing adjacent to emergency exits, the vehicle entrance, next to the driver or sitting in gangways.
- If the vehicle you are travelling on is fitted with seatbelts, you are legally required to wear it.
- Notify a member of staff immediately if you sustain an injury whilst boarding, travelling or getting off a bus.
- Except in an emergency, do not talk to the driver whilst the bus is moving, obstruct the driver’s vision or otherwise distract him/her.
- Have due regard at all times for the needs of our elderly, young and disabled customers and, in particular, vacate seats and spaces designed for the elderly and disabled when requested.
- Not distribute leaflets, papers or other articles or offer anything for sale or collect charity without our prior written consent.
- Not interfere with equipment fitted on the vehicle.
- Not deliberately damage or deface any parts of the vehicle.
Intending customers who, in the opinion of the driver or other company officer, appear likely to behave in an antisocial manner may not be allowed to travel.
If you are in breach of these and other statutory regulations you will be obliged to give your name and address to the company officer or may be restrained or removed from the bus by a company officer, a police officer or a community support officer and refused further travel without a refund. We also reserve the right to take any other measures we consider necessary to protect the safety and comfort of our customers and staff including temporarily or permanently banning you from travelling with us following an incident of misconduct.
Weddings with Houstons Coaches
- Posted on : 9th September 2015
Congratulations if you are about to get married!
We can provide the perfect package for your big day and pre-wedding celebrations. With everything from 16-57 seater vehicles we are sure to have exactly what you need.
If you would like to enquire about buses for your wedding please phone on 01576 203874 or email firstname.lastname@example.org