104 Lockerbie Town Service – Important update
- Posted on : 20th March 2020
Important update – 104 Lockerbie Town Service
Houston’s are striving to support our local community and we would like to run our 104 08:45 Town Service to coincide with Tesco’s opening hours for the elderly and vulnerable.
Service: Monday, Wednesday and Friday
08:45 from Tesco, town run to arrive back at Tesco for 09:08
then departing Tesco at 09:57
Effective Monday 23th March 2020, we are respectful and politely requesting passenger consideration and cooperation on these runs, to allow priority to be given to our elderly and vulnerable members of the community.
We hope and believe that this may help bring some confidence to people to be able to fulfill their essential shopping needs.
We thank our valued customers for your understanding and patience.
Houston’s Tours 2020
- Posted on : 18th March 2020
As you can appreciate we are unable to confirm which Tours will be going ahead at this time.
We are currently trying to identify tours which will be cancelled and are starting by contacting all those customers who have tours booked for April.
As soon as it is possible we aim to re start the tours to ensure that as many from the original schedule and additional ones that have been cancelled are available.
We thank you for your patience and understanding at this difficult time and look forward to having you back on our Tours very soon.
Houston’s Coaches – Coronavirus Statement
- Posted on : 17th March 2020
Houston’s Coaches – Coronavirus Statement
At Houston’s Coaches we take the Health and Safety of all our customers and employees seriously. We continue to follow advice from the Government and Health Protection Scotland as we all adapt to this fast-moving situation.
Government advice remains that people can continue to use public transport.
We have extensive cleaning procedures in place at Houston’s to ensure that our coaches, buses and workplaces are safe for both our customers and employees.
Additional cleaning of regular touch points on our vehicles is being undertaken and hand sanitiser, tissues, gloves etc. are available to our staff. We ask that all passengers continue to exercise the Government advice in relation to hand hygiene.
The latest advice from Health Protection Scotland can be accessed here
We will continue to post updates on our Facebook page and website.
16 March 2020 14:30pm
Houston’s Hopper Tickets
- Posted on : 11th December 2017
Houstons are now selling Houston’s Hopper Tickets. These tickets allow you unlimited journeys for one week from the date of purchase.
The Dumfries Town Hopper covers Locharbriggs, Georgetown, Lochside, Lincluden, Troqueer and The New Hospital.
The Dumfries and Galloway Bus Hopper covers all of Houston’s Coaches services which operate throughout Dumfries and Galloway ( 103, 104, 110, 111, 124, 115, 117, 202, 236, 372, 372a, 381, 383, 385, 431, 503, 505, 512, 520 and the 521)
The Dumfries Town Hopper is £11, and the Dumfries and Galloway Hopper is £21.
Houston’s Buses – Conduct of Passengers
- Posted on : 27th November 2017
We reserve the right to refuse you entry, or require you to leave our buses at any time, should we have reason to believe that your behaviour jeopardises the safety, security and comfort of others.
When travelling with us you must in particular:
- Refrain from smoking either conventional or electronic cigarettes.
- Behave in a manner that is not abusive or threatening and does not cause offence to other customers or staff.
- Refrain from eating and drinking items which make the environment unpleasant for other customers or otherwise cause offence.
- Refrain from using aerosols.
- Refrain from consuming alcohol.
- Refrain from playing loud music or operating a personal device at a volume which may be heard by other passengers.
- Refrain from leaving rubbish or discarded items on the bus.
- Not be wearing soiled working clothes or carrying any soiled items.
- Follow the instructions of our staff and act in a manner which shows due regard for the safety and comfort of other customers and company employees, including not standing adjacent to emergency exits, the vehicle entrance, next to the driver or sitting in gangways.
- If the vehicle you are travelling on is fitted with seatbelts, you are legally required to wear it.
- Notify a member of staff immediately if you sustain an injury whilst boarding, travelling or getting off a bus.
- Except in an emergency, do not talk to the driver whilst the bus is moving, obstruct the driver’s vision or otherwise distract him/her.
- Have due regard at all times for the needs of our elderly, young and disabled customers and, in particular, vacate seats and spaces designed for the elderly and disabled when requested.
- Not distribute leaflets, papers or other articles or offer anything for sale or collect charity without our prior written consent.
- Not interfere with equipment fitted on the vehicle.
- Not deliberately damage or deface any parts of the vehicle.
Intending customers who, in the opinion of the driver or other company officer, appear likely to behave in an antisocial manner may not be allowed to travel.
If you are in breach of these and other statutory regulations you will be obliged to give your name and address to the company officer or may be restrained or removed from the bus by a company officer, a police officer or a community support officer and refused further travel without a refund. We also reserve the right to take any other measures we consider necessary to protect the safety and comfort of our customers and staff including temporarily or permanently banning you from travelling with us following an incident of misconduct.