Correct as of Friday 4th May 2018
In accordance with the Data Protection Act, this policy gives you information about how Houston’s Vehicle Service Centre treats personal information stored for our ATF/Garage Customers.
- This policy applies when we are acting as a data controller with respect to your personal data.
- Houston’s Vehicle Service Centre holds your contact information in order to make the process easier for future bookings. The contact information that is held is some or all of the following; your full name, home address, contact number and email address.
- Houston’s Vehicle Service Centre takes your privacy seriously and will not share or sell your personal details to any third parties.
- Houston’s Vehicle Service Centre will only use your information to send you confirmation of your test date and time. We will not send promotional leaflets and you will only receive our upcoming available test dates if you sign up to our Mail Chimp.
If you do not agree to our use of your information in the manner described above, we cannot accept your booking.
- Houston’s Vehicle Service Centre will ensure that your personal data is secure and safely stored on secure servers and personal computers – and will take the appropriate precautions to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
- Houston’s Vehicle Service Centre will update this policy as and when needed. An updated copy will always be available to view on our website houstonscoaches.co.uk – and a copy will be available to be sent by email or post at your request.
- The new laws relating to GDPR, with effect from the 25th of May 2018, gives you the following rights;
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profile.
You should read the relevant laws and guidance for a full explanation of these rights.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inform Houston’s Vehicle Service Centre if your personal information needs to be corrected or updated.
- If you would like to contact Houston’s Vehicle Service Centre you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , writing to Houston’s Coaches, Broomhouses 1 Industrial Estate, Lockerbie, DG11 2RZ or phoning on 01576 208 789.