Covid-19 Passenger Update
2nd June 2020
Dear Valued Customers,
Firstly, thank you for your patience and support throughout these very hard times that we find ourselves in. To continue to keep you and our staff safe, we need your support to carry on! Following Government Guidelines released this week for the safe use of Public Transportation, effective immediately, you will see some changes to our vehicles and services.
It remains that Public Transport is for Essential Travel only and we have a maximum capacity on each vehicle, therefore, please assess whether your journey really is essential. Our NHS and Key Workers must be able to travel to work to be able to help you. If your journey is essential, please observe the following:
• Maintain two metres whilst standing at the bus stop
• Buses have a maximum capacity which will be displayed in the window
• If the bus is full, a ‘Sorry, bus full’ sign will be placed in the window.
• Please do not display any frustration to your driver, he is only doing his job as instructed by the Government
• If possible, please wear a face covering
• Sanitise your hands
• If possible, please use contactless payment as your first means of payment or have the correct fare ready for your driver
When you board:
• Window stickers have been added to indicate where to sit – at window seats only please unless more than one person from a household is travelling
• Please refrain from eating or drinking
• Follow tissue hygiene if coughing and sneezing
When you leave:
• Sound the bell to alert the driver that you are approaching your stop
• Remain seated until the vehicle comes to a stop
• Take all your belongings with you, this reduces handling of any lost property or rubbish/tickets
Our vehicles are receiving regular cleaning whilst out on the road.
Our offices are open Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00 and Saturdays until 12:00 if you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please let friends or family (who do not have access to social media) know about our updates.